Friday 8 December 2017

Should I Tinder?

Tinder. It is probably one of the most debated spaces for meeting new people. I know of many happy couples who met on Tinder yet the reputation of short term flings had always prevented me from signing up... 



In many ways I like the ease of simply swiping a finger left or right to communicate whether I was interested in them or not and all based on a photograph - that is probably not that recent. I had found online dating, with detailed profiles and lots of information including photographs, difficult enough so why would my date be any more compatible based on less information? After so many bad experiences online, should I go in for more? And on the arguably most renowned dating App with connotations of short lived hook ups. It sounded like everything I WASN'T looking for...


Should I Tinder? This has been a real dilemma in my mind for some time. Like all things there are pros and cons. Pros I may meet someone that I finally connect with and I can quickly scroll through reams of profiles using only one digit! Bonus. It is very efficient in some ways. But the cons? Finding someone compatible is tricky and knowing their intentions can be difficult to discern - true of any dating scenario so it isn't really valid when considering Tinder. Yet with trying anything new, you don't know how it will go, until you actually give it a go! Ultimately I decided that I would jump on board and try out Tinder. You just never know how things may work out or who you may connect with...

So, did I actually join Tinder?

Well after spending so much time with all my detailed analysis, discussions with friends and deep soul searching I actually didn't join Tinder, or any other dating community for that matter. I was about to, and had every intention of boldly going where I had not been before. Plus I had visited many other online platforms to meet someone and so why not give it a shot. But I didn't join up. Not because of  anything specific to do with Tinder but on the contrary it was actually because during the time I took to consider finally joining up I actually met someone through my every day life! He suddenly popped up, as if from no where and we connected with really well! Happily, I haven't been able to swipe past this one!


1 comment: