Sunday 23 April 2017

How Donald Trump got me a hot date.

I can’t say that I am a supporter of Donald Trump, far from it but that isn’t the point. I suppose I do appreciate that he speaks his mind and acts on things he believes in, which is quite noble, especially compared to many other politicians who simply talk about things and make promises but don’t actually do anything. The drama surrounding his election and now his input into international relations means he’s a man never far from the media and as a consequence never far from my mind – not in a romantic way, I just like the news!

Recently I was updating my dating profile online. It has been a while since I have done this so it was well overdue. Plus with my  newly blonde hair I do look quite different and so I updated a few of my other details making it more current and hopefully more  interesting. Not that many people read dating profiles, especially the whole thing. They can go on a bit and be really lengthy.

As I scanned the profile I found myself stuck on how to best answer some of the sections.

Pets

Gross. I am not a fan. Most men however seem to love them, especially dogs, which I detest. It won’t help my cause by saying I hate animals, which isn’t entirely true but isn’t far from it either. (For the record I love animals if they are on YouTube, doing silly stuff. In those situations I think they are awesome and can’t lick me from my computer, unlike what seems to be the  usual scenario in person.....imagine going up to a complete stranger and licking them! No.)

Children

Surely this is too much information too soon? It isn’t really a yes or no answer for me, although of course if you already have them then it’s good to state that.

Then to top it all off the next field to entice a man to “wave” at me was politics! No wonder so many people remain single from online dating - there are just too many barriers to even start a conversation!

Politics?

My answer for the last decade of life had been “middle of the road” so that I didn’t offend anyone nor get into a debate. I deleted this answer. 

What would I say instead? 

I still didn't want to offend anyone nor start a debate or be apathetic. Before I knew what was happening I typed, “Go Trump!” I figured it may make someone laugh – even if that was only me! Besides, most people won’t read it and if they take it seriously they aren’t for me anyway…or so I told myself.



After a day or two I got a message from Ken* saying “I loved your profile – Go Trump!” Was he serious? I hope not!

I couldn’t help but notice that Ken was traditionally very handsome, he was also tall and hard Italian heritage so that gorgeous choclately hair and dark alluring eyes! Amid his evident gorgeousness, it was unclear whether his character aligned with his good looks or had I attracted an advocate to make America great again?

YIKES!

After a few messages pinged between us I realised he was actually on my wave length. Thank God! Ken seemed like he was fun, confident, outgoing and pretty assertive. Indeed, no less than three times did he directly ask me to meet him! Without trying to be too enthusiastic, I casually informed him that I would consider the date and location he suggests…

Go Trump!

While I was nervous to update my dating profile with something ridiculous it seems it was perfect in starting a conversation with someone on my wave length. I am so pleased that Ken saw the humour in my profile and that he wasn’t actually an avid Trump supporter, which he could have been! That was the risk I took and it paid off, so far!

The moral of this story is to have fun and be playful while dating, even while online dating because who knows which gorgeous hunk could walk into your life.


Let’s make dating great again!



*name changed to something that rhymes with Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment