Thursday 30 March 2017

Blonde ambition

As a single person, I want to look my best. In fact, perhaps that is universal with all people and not just single people? Anyway, as a natural brunette I have wondered about whether life would be any better if I were blonde? Would I get more dates? Or even, less dates? Best of all, would other drivers give me a wide berth on the freeway? The latter would be great! Or would there even be any difference in any of these things because of my hair colour*? 



Is it true that blondes have more fun?



Hopefully! Surely that alone is worth the effort in becoming blonde and finding out? I could definitely deal with more fun...







Of course, I don't truly believe that the colour of your hair is really that important. (Although I tend to be impartial to dark haired males...) I don't often think about my hair colour that much - although since the odd grey has occasionally been trespassing on my head, I have been a bit more conscious of  my hair colour of late. Generally I have much more important things in life to think about yet I can't help but wonder if indeed Coco Chanel is right....

Once upon a time, a well meaning boyfriend, Omar, informed me that I would instantly become a super model if only I was blonde! (Find out more about Omar in my Boomerang Boyfriend post below.) Needless to say, he quite soon became an ex-boyfriend and I plodded on in life as a brunette. 

However, cheeky Omar may have had a point. With my pale skin and blue eyes, I do wonder why I am in fact not blonde naturally. I suppose there is only one way to find out...I must surely take the plunge. 

GULP!

Would changing my appearance make any difference to my life or finally end my run of dating distastes? What is the worst that can happen?

I found walking down the street and noticed a hairdresser promoting half price hair colouring! I was enticed. I was unable to walk past. I jumped at this opportunity. What could go wrong? 

I can only show you the initial outcome with an image....words escape me to fully capture the true horror I faced in unveiling my new hair colour....





For a few seconds I thought my life was over. Fortunately words  escaped me at the hairdressers! I assume it was as a result from the look on my face, the hairdresser quickly set about "correcting" the colour. Thank God I didn't even have to say a word. Plus I was suddenly being served glasses of champagne, probably to take the edge off my horror!

Here is my before and after...





It is unlikely that my hair colour will change much about my life but it is worth a shot. Sometimes change is good regardless of the reasons why we do these things. 

Now that I am a fully fledged blonde what will life throw at me? 


Will anything be different? 


I am hoping Coco was right and that soon my life will change for the better. I am all about self improvement. Perhaps that was why the hairdresser gave me champagne? I will drink to that! Cheers!








*Colour used instead of color, apologies to my American readers (and there are lots of you) but I just can't convert so thank you for understanding. 

3 comments:

  1. I was turned grey once! No champers to dull the pain either! 😲 Your new colour looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you will have more fun, but I will add that the blonde suits you well. In person too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U look better in your natural hair color, which compliments your striking features ! ;)

    ReplyDelete